HOWLs - Habits of Work and Learning
The class expectations are based on the 3 core principles that are practiced here at YMS. These behaviors are assessed throughout the year and are recorded on Mastery Connect under HOWLs (Habits Of Work and Learning).
The 3 core principles:
The following information is contained within the HOWLs rubrics which are posted in the classroom and referred to often.
Respect- I am a respectful member of the YMS community.
1. I work cooperatively with others.
2. I communicate politely and kindly.
3. I take care of resources and materials while acting as a steward of our community.
Responsibility- I take responsibility for my success as a learner.
1. I arrive for each class prepared and organized.
2. I participate fully and mindfully in class.
3. I carefully and thoughtfully complete all class and homework assignments to the best of my ability
and in a timely manner.
Perseverance- I persevere to produce high quality work.
1. I improve my learning by seeking help and by asking questions.
2. I assess my work based on established criteria.
3. I learn from feedback and revise my work.